Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A Grand Celebration!

On Saturday, we all celebrated Grandma Joan's 80th birthday, and she is still celebrating!!!

Joan is my stepmother and has been for the past 22 years. She is a great lady and you would never know that she wasn't my real mother. She has made me feel like I have belonged to her all my life. Joan has a way of loving you no matter what the case might be. She is such a special person in my life. Joan's kids (Karen, Karla and Krehl and their spouses) did such a great job of compiling things and giving her a great birthday party. It was so fun to be there to honor her. Here are a few pictures of the special day. This is one with my siblingsThis is a picture of Scott and I with our kids and their kids that could come.
Joan and her daughter Karla and son Krehl, next is her wedding dress. And this is my dad with his sister Bea who is 88
Scott and I with the birthday girl.
On Monday we (the Child crew) got together and went to dinner to continue celebrating Joan's Birthday, but dumb me forgot to take pictures. We got caught up in talking and eating. Plus the table we were in wasn't very convenient to take pictures, but I should have had the waitress do it for us. Oh well. We had fun!!! Happy Birthday Joan. We love you very much.

No comments: