Wednesday, January 19, 2011

So let me think where to begin, ok I last talked about being at Jenn's for a whole month, which was great, we then went back for Thanksgiving and enjoyed our time there. It was unusually cold for that time of the year, but we still enjoyed being with the kids anddoing things with them, like papa and uncle Brad helping Maren how to ride her bike
which was so funny, because you could hear her giggle the whole time.

We also went on our usual hike up to usuary pass, but this time Jenn and Rich's friendsthe Satler's came with us with their 4 very cute kids, who we adore. We even saw a trianchula on some guys arm soI tooka picture of it. Yuck, but interesting.

Jenn got me and Brad to go with her on the black friday shopping which turned out great, But COLD! I ended up getting all of my grand kids Christmas shopping done, but Scott said "did you forget that we didn't bring the truck?" It all fit! We so enjoyed being there with ourcute grand daughters and of course our great son in law and daughter. Thanks so much Jenn and Rich for having us, we always enjoy our time with you. And Jenn knows how much I want to live there.

Next was Christmas and getting the house ready for it. I was really not in the mood to decorate, but Scott convinced me that I would regret it if I didn't, so I helped him bring up the tree and then I asked Lisa to come help me decorate it, which she is always so willing to help me. (what a great kid she is) I then proceeded to decorate the house, which I was glad that I did decorate, there is something about it when you decorate your house with Christmas items. It always amazes me how fast Christmas comes and goes. We had the annual Child Christmas party at Stan and JoAnn's church, where we had the kids participate in the Nativity while my dad read it, then Santa and Mrs. Claus came to visit the kids, boy did they like that.
We talked about how this was Brad's last Christmas with us, since he will be going on his mission this spring/summer.

Next was the new year, well not much to say about that other than it came! Ha Ha, we ended up going to bed before 12 (old farts) As always we go to breakfast on New Years morning, but first this year we ended up having to go over to the church to clean at 9 am and then we went to Jim Family Restaurant for breakfast. YUM!
Last saturday we had our annual Farnsworth winter party up at Mutual Dell, the kids love it there, they sled till their hearts content, we end up pulling them off the hill, because it is dark and they can't see. We even got Grandma Farnsworth to go down the hill on a tube. I have decided that this is going to become a tradition for us, as long as we can do it. Everyone loves it, and it gets cousins together to visit and enjoy each others company, along with Scott's siblings. So if you are reading this it will always be on the menu for the winter. Unless we happen to move, but I don't see that happening. Well that is that for now hope you enjoy the pictures.





No comments: