Friday, March 11, 2011

The Call has Come!

Well it has come and gone and I can't believe that I have written about it! Brad got his Mission Call to Oslo Norway he will enter the MTC on July 6, 2011. We were all excited, but dumb founded, we were thinking that he would go to South America, I guess because thats all we or he has talked about, speaking spanish and all, plus a lot of boys get called there. Well he is very excited, he said "It is out of the states". I was standing off to the side and said (I thought I was thinking it, but it came out) "They don't speak spanish there?" Everyone started laughing, and I said "oh did you hear that?" So we have a missionary, how weird is that? We had Skype going so that Jennifer and her family and Amy and her family could join with us for this special occasion. I had my dad, Joan and my mother in law also come. Brad invited a bunch of his friends to be here as well. 
Scott and I have waited 19 years to say that! I remember when he was born and in the hospital, we sat and talked about "In 19 years he will be going on a mission." That is all I think of, I can not sleep, I think of the things that we still have to do, I even think about the day he is going to speak in Church, which by the way is June 26 at 9:00 am. And the luncheon and what we are going to eat, how things are to be set up, etc etc. The following saturday, we set off to Mr. Mac's and started in on getting his suits, and everything that he needed, there are still somethings that he still needs, like luggage and other things, but I guess we have time still. I still can't believe that my son is old enough to go serve the Lord. He has grown up so much, spiritually, physically, and he still has time to mentally grow up (just kidding). He is a good kid and I love him dearly, I as a mother still worry about the decision he makes and all that goes into being a mom of a boy. So there you have it






No comments: