Friday, March 11, 2011

Arkansas

So I made it to Arkansas and there was my cute daughter and her sweet family.

Matt drove me around to let me see what it was like. A lot of rolling hills and not as small as I thought.  I was quite impressed with everything.  Matt took me on a tour of Wal-Mart Headquarters and also the museum of Wal-mart and how it came to be.  I enjoyed it a lot and want to see it again when I come back with Brad and Scott. We then went to there house which is very nice.  We took Preston over to the park by their house and let him ride his motorcycle (with training wheels).  After that Matt wanted me to try the best fried chicken he has ever eaten. Which was great, all the fixings and chicken you can eat.  A little mom and pop place, you have to have a reservation because it gets so busy.
We did some sight seeing and vegged at the house, Amy thought she needed to entertain me, I told her that I don't need to be entertained I just enjoy being there with her, Matt and Preston.  We took Preston to the fire station to see the big woo woo trucks, and was he ever excited, until Chase (fireman) came to show us around then he became very quite.  Matt had to be out of town Mon-Wed.
Preston ended up with a bad cold, so we didn't do a whole lot, which I was fine.  I crocheted and study my lesson that I was doing when I got back home, so I was just fine with being at the house.
We did go to Gymboree for him to play one day, and we went to a park also, to the mall where they have a play place for him.
On Friday we met Matt and a friend of his, John for lunch at a place called Whole Hog?  It was very good also.  That evening we went touring downtown Bentonville/Fayettville we saw the University of Arkansas, very nice and BIG.  We then went to eat at this place called Catfish Hole which was so good, I have never eaten catfish, it was lightly breaded and very good, but the best thing was their hush puppies, oh my, they are so good that I couldn't stop eating them, and they just kept coming, same with coleslaw, pickles and something else but I can't remember it.
Well Saturday came I had to leave, which of course I didn't want to.  I so enjoyed being there and can not wait to go there in May.
Thanks Matt and Amy for everything I loved it there and enjoyed being with you.
Love you!   We will see you in May!





1 comment:

The Hiller Family said...

Did you get to see Jesse at Walmart headquarters!!!??? Have Matt and Jesse met yet!?

I am glad you were able to go out and see them! I love it when my Mom comes to visit us!