Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Too Long to have written!!!

I can't even believe I haven't written for over almost 4 years.  SOOO much has happened in those 3+ years.  Where does one start.  Just to warn you this is going to be very long and to find pictures is going to next to nothing since I have saved  a lot of them in a saved place that I'm hoping I can remember wear they are.

So we did finally move into our house in Queen Creek on February 8, 2016, we had a painting party and had everyone helping us paint the interior of the house.  What a fun day that was, it took about 2-3 days to get it all done.  The kids were helpful and so were Lisa,  Jenn and Rich!  After all of that we went to the storage area and got all of our belongings.  We ended up having to buy a new bedroom set for us and I absolutely love it.  We bought barstools also to go under the counter/bar in kitchen.

Right before we moved in our ward was realigned and we were put into the RanchWard, they were already big and needed to be split, which it did at the first of the year , I was called to be in the Relief Society as the first counselor to a wonderful sweet lady Camille Wilkinson, I had no idea who she was, but come to find out she was my niece's (Katie Child De Jong) best friend, small world.  The other counselor was Jennifer Larsen and our secretary was Tara Binch.  I came to love each of these sisters as if they were my own children (since I was the oldest one there)  after a while Jennifer Larsen ended up moving to Montana and we were blessed to have Christy Whittaker become our 2nd counselor.   We had a lot of fun in that presidency, we loved our sisters and helped them with whatever they needed.

So on with my story of moving in.  Lisa and her kids came to live with us, so Jennifer and Rich could get on with their life.  Lisa still working and the kids had made a lot of friends in our ward.  Then came May and Lisa told us that she was getting married again and that she would be moving back to Utah.  She married John Briggs on May 30 in Las Vegas, we were not invited as she just wanted her kids and Johns kids there.  Once we got her moved the kids stayed until girls camp was over and Mik stayed for Fathers and son and went with Scott.  That day we will never forget  June 18, 2016 our son in law Rich Johnson passed away, it was the most horrific day I had ever experienced.  I couldn't even text the right words to my siblings what had happened, my mind was mush and I could think right.  Come to find out he had had a massive heart attack while sitting at the computer trying to upload songs.  Maren was the only one at home with him, Jennifer had gone to get the girls at the stake center since they were coming home from girls camp, but she realized she didn't have her cell phone with her so she turned around and went home, and here comes Maren out with 2 phones with 911 on them, she had called them to let them know about Rich, as she was talking to them and trying to preform CPR on him they showed up and took him to the hospital, she then called me and told me to come to the house ASAP, when I got the call I thought she had said that someone was trying to get into their house, so I called 911 and they informed me that a 10 year old girl had already called it in, as I ran out to my car, I was hurrying so fast that I went with no shoes, and of course Queen Creek was doing road construction on that day and I was detoured another way, I thought I could get there another way and as I was turning around my tire hit the curb and it flattened, I was SO mad as I couldn't get to Jenn's and was stuck.  I immediately called Scott and asked where he was, and told him that he needed to get to Jenn's NOW, fortunately he was in the car wash that wasn't very far from Jennifer''s and got there as they were putting Rich into the ambulance. He than called me and asked where I was and he came to help me get the tire fixed, but couldn't get anything done, a deputy of the sheriff 's department came and said that he was one of them that was at our daughters and to leave the car there and go to the hospital.  So I got into Scott's truck and we went to pick up the girls and get them over to the hospital, we first picked up Maren ( I got some sandals there) and then over to the Richardson's to get Abby and Paige, where I had to tell them that their dad had passed away, oh my gosh it was the hardest thing to have told them, they thought that he was in the hospital and would be ok and I had to explain to them what had happened, the wailing and screaming, crying and all put me over the top also, I couldn't even fathom it, it didn't make sense.  I texted Camille and let her know what was going on also.  I had called Rich's dad to let him know and to have him call Sheryl.
Once everyone was there we gathered and started on funeral arrangements, I was so concerned about Jennifer, I think she was numb, she wasn't eating, so I tried to make sure that she at least tried.  Her friends Jen Flemming and Heather from work came and fixed breakfast and lunch, dinners were starting to come in and we had SO much food.  Jennifer's neighbors were so kind to help also.  Doug and Vicki Sattler were there also to help with whatever they could.  The days seemed to mesh together, but on Saturday came and the funeral was great, he looked wonderful and the girls got to say their last goodbyes.  Watching them was so heartbreaking and to know that my daughter was now a widow, was so hard to believe.  As the days, weeks, months and now 3 years have gone by, they are doing well.  Abby graduated from high school and is going to go to a Jr. College close to home.  They are making it the best they can and Jennifer well she is the strongest person I know, she has won me over on how she deals with things.  I am so grateful to her in so many ways.  She has taught me a lot.

So now after that all happened, Scott quit his job and moved to Utah to work at DoTerra, I lived in Arizona for 1 1/2 years while he came back and forth as much as possible.  Once we realized that we could not live like this anymore, we decided to have me move to Utah, which was very hard to do.  Scott talked to Jennifer and let her know what we were thinking, I couldn't face her, I felt that I was letting her down.  I had a very hard time leaving her, but she said that dad and I needed to be tougher, and that the girls were old enough now that she was ok with it.  So on February 5th we sold our house and came to Utah.  Before that Jennifer took us to Disneyland for Christmas, it was so fun and I absolutely loved it.

During the time I lived in ArizonaI I had gone through so many jobs, I worked first for A.T. Still University,  a dental office in San Tan Village as the office manager, and then for Dr. Herr.  I was so tired of working in the dental field and I decided to go to the school district and apply for a lunch lady position and got it.  I worked from 10-2 it was great after the first of the year I quit and that is when we moved.  I now work at American Fork High School in the lunch room as a lunch lady again, I really don't mind it, I just really don't want to work, but I do want somethings for the house and since Scott doesn't make the kind of money that he used to I need to work.  It really sucks getting old, I don't have near the energy that I used to, I am quite lazy and am always feeling sorry for myself, depression has been really bad here, especially during the winter.  I really hope that we can get back to Arizona to live, but I don't see that in our future.
Scott is again on Search and Rescue for Utah county and is loving it, at least I think he is, he said the other day that he might quit, it is getting to hard for him to go up the mountain, but I can't see him not doing it, he enjoys it, even though I hate it when he has to go to training on Saturdays.  He is doing a lot of biking lately and again I hate it when he goes on long Saturday rides, it seems like it takes a lot of our time together away, and since we just go to church on Sundays, we can't get anything done like I would like to.  I just need to let it go and let him enjoy it. And maybe I need to just get the things done before he comes home or do it during the week.  I really have become a recluse and don't like to go out of the house.
I have started to clean up my sewing things, like embroidery and getting things organized.  I am trying to get the pantry organized so we can find things and it not be so cluttered..  Scott said to me, and you think that Lisa has OCD, I think you do. We just both laughed.  I just hate it when everything is all over and you can't find anything.
I didn't mention that Megan and Mike welcomed a new member to their family, Talon Michale Miner, he is adorable, he is now almost 18 months old.  They also moved to Highland to be closer to Mikes parents.  His dad just passed away on Monday June 17, so Betty will need some help, so it is good that they moved closer.
Well now that I have been tpying for ever I probably should go and do something like finish the wash!

No comments: