Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving is over?

I can't believe how fast each month is going. We have less than 22 days and Christmas will be here. I know that I haven't written for a month now, Lisa reminded me on Monday that it has been since the 3rd of November since I blogged. Now that we are back in town from a 9 day trip to Arizona I can tell all of what we did. On November 22 we (Scott, myself, Heidi and her 3 boys) set out at 5:30 am headed for Arizona. Scott had forgotten something at work so we stopped in Springville to get it, and one of the boys said "are we at aunt Jenn's?" I just laughed and told them we still have 11 hours to go. They were good for the most part, what can you expect from a 7, 5 and 2 1/2 yr old. Well we arrived at Jennifer's around 5:30 pm (we would have been there sooner but I or Scott didn't read the directions right,I was driving and Scott was navigating (and Scott didn't listen to Jennifer's directions) Jenn's girls met us jumping up and down yelling "mema, papa" I was just ready to get out of the car. Thank Heaven for the DVD players and hand held games!!!!
The next day was Sunday and we all went to Jenn's ward which started at 10 am which in my opinion is the best time ever. Not to early not to late. But in sacrament meeting they (the ward) found out that they had split 2 wards to make a 3rd and now Jenn's ward will go to church at 2 pm. I am sorry Jenn, I have done that time and it sucks and I don't have any kids to worry about (OK I have Brad) in teasing I told Jenn and Rich I guess it is time to become inactive since you now have the latest time. They have a great ward, the people were very friendly, coming up to us and making us feel very welcome.
Monday came and Jennifer's girls still had to go to school, which they didn't want to go since they had cousins there, so I would get up and walk Abby to the bus stop each morning at 7:30 and then at 3:10 each afternoon. Paige had preschool and of course I was the one that had to take her in (you have to know Paige, she is like an extra appendage on you) so each day we took her, on Tuesday she had come out of preschool as a Indian and on Wednesday a Pilgrim. She also had dance that we took her too, in both her preschool and her dance class she is the tallest one. I guess I never thought that my grand kids were tall, until I saw them up against other kids. All this time Heidi's boys were having a ball, mainly playing with the girls and of course their PSP's. Wednesday evening we went to see my nephew Geoffrey and his wife Louisa and their kids, it was fun to see their house and visit with them.
Thursday came and the kids were so excited to celebrate Thanksgiving, but a couple of the kids thought that we were leaving after we ate since we told them that we were leaving after Thanksgiving, we had to reassure them we were not going until Sunday. Scott, Rich and Jennifer put up Christmas lights around Jenn's house. Rich calls Jenn Mrs. Griswold.
Black Friday ( I have never gotten up for) we got up at 3:30 (I should clarify who we are Jennifer, myself and Heidi) and was at Wal-Mart before 4, crazy I know, we didn't even get what we really were there for, but we did get some other things that the girls needed. Then off to Target, Kohls, Toys-R-Us, JoAnn's Fabric, and tried to get to Bath and Body Works, but no parking so we went home and it was about 12. We ate lunch and then went on a hike up to the wind caves on Usery Pass. The kids were having a ball until they started to get thirsty and guess what, you guessed it, we had forgotten to bring water, good thing it wasn't 115 degrees, (I don't think we would've forgotten it had it been that hot) well Paige cried and cried and cried and cried, until an older gentleman that we were passing, gave us his 2nd bottle of water that he hadn't used yet, so he was our hero for the day. All was good after that, when we got down we took the kids to McDonald's to get an ice cream cone and play in the play place. Then back to the house for some dinner.
Saturday, was a day getting all of the things put together to leave the next day, when that was done we went to the park by Abby's school for a picnic. They kids had so much fun, with the swings, and slides and everything a kid likes to do. Back to the house to play and have dinner and then we went to the Mesa Temple that night to see the lights on the temple grounds and the Nativity scenes. It was very pretty, but my camera is not the camera to take pictures of such a pretty sight, so bear with. We also went to a neighborhood that had Christmas lights on and each house had a different theme of Christmas, there was one house that we even went into their backyard that had the Christmas story in it. Then home, all the kids were sound asleep, until we walked in the house and they wanted to start playing or watching a movie, but g-ma had cookies to make with her grandkids, so out came the cookie dough she had made earlier and the kids cut out sugar cookies. No time to frost them it was late as it was, so aunt Jenn had to do it with out us.
Sunday we headed back home, left at 8 and got home around 7:30. It was good to be home and sleep in our own beds.
Monday was a crazy day I was in charge of my family Christmas party, so I had a lot of running around to do, to get all of the finishing touches done for the party, I was glad that I had done things before I went to Arizona. So I have now updated my blog and hope that you haven't been to bored. Hope you all have a great month and I am sure we will talk again!

No comments: